Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Color Wheel


For this assignment, we were to take six or more of our own pictures, place them in a unique outline, and color each one individually, so the whole spectrum of a base color wheel was present. I decided to once again use Source Filmmaker to pose the nine characters of the game, "Team Fortress 2" featuring an expression that reflected a portion of their personality. I arranged all camera placements, facial poses, and lighting for each photo. Then I resized and cropped each one to be a circle. The outline stencil I used is the logo for various programs that use the Source Engine, such as games, developer kits, and the Source Filmmaker itself. I placed each character into the center circle of the logo. I then chose what basic color each would be. Since there are nine characters, I had to reuse some base colors, but altered them so they were noticeably different, such as light and dark blue. All nine images were then formed into a circle, and placed in the order of a color wheel. For the background, I chose to trace and color the Team Fortress 2 logo. Then in the center, I used the popular abbreviation for the game, "TF2" and used various layers on the T, F, and 2 to make them more dynamic and fitting to the game's style, with a black border and gradient brown and orange scheme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment